Student Success Coordinator
The Student Success Coordinator is responsible for developing relationships with our students and family members struggling to be successful in the current school year.
These students and families will be contacted regularly about the following barriers to their success and will be offered resources to consider to be more successful.
- Coordinator will prepare weekly attendance reports to view trends and to contact families who are struggling with regular attendance.
- Coordinator will follow the student handbooks’ attendance policies and keep accurate records when communicating with families.
- Will work collaboratively with the Manistee County Sheriff’s Department School Liaison (Truancy) Officer.
- Students failing to improve attendance will receive letters outlining our policies.
- Students with continued absenteeism will be connected with the Sheriff’s Department and possibly the prosecuting attorney.
- Coordinator may complete home visits when phone, email, and mail prove to be unsuccessful.
- If truancy cases end up in the court system, the coordinator will appear in court as needed.
- Follow MISD truancy guidelines and attend the monthly safety meetings.
- Work with the Behavioral Specialist, counselors, and principal to identify students who struggle with appropriate behavior and provide input with individual Behavioral Plans.
- Attend and participate in monthly Behavioral Team meetings.
- Mentor students on Check In – Check Out plans.
- Be visible to students and families in between class periods, during lunch, at recess, bus dropoff and pick up, etc.
- Become familiar with MTSS Behavioral strategies and the Positivity Project.
- Fill in for the Behavioral Specialist during their absence.
- Attend monthly school safety meetings with the MISD.
- Monitor hallways, parking areas, and classrooms.
- Stay certified in CPR/First Aid/AED.
- Monitor pick up and drop off of students at buses.
- Become certified in CPI, Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
- Coordinator will perform other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 60 college credit hours, the ability to substitute teach when the district is short staffed, have excellent communication skills, proficient with Google applications, as well as PowerSchool. This is a salary position. Coordinator will report from 8am – 3:10pm on all school days, professional learning days, staff meetings, records days, etc.
Candidates must submit all credentials through email in a single PDF to Principal, Cheryl Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org.