Marlen Cordes – Superintendent
The Kaleva Norman Dickson School District is committed to providing quality education in beautiful, safe, clean schools. The focus of this commitment is on student achievement with a caring faculty that gives individual attention to all students.
Parents and community are invited to continue their support to the students of the Kaleva Norman Dickson School District. We have already proved that by working together our district moves forward making good things happen.
Our School Board conducts seven types of meetings:
- Regular Monthly Board Meetings
- Budget hearings at the beginning, near the middle, and at the end of each school year.
- Special Meetings, scheduled in the event of special or emergency circumstances.
- Board workshops, where no official board action is scheduled or conducted. Rather this is a time time for board members to work together on issues, plan for the future, and find a common voice that they can share.
- Sub-Committee meetings of three board members meet to discuss vital issues and later report back to the entire School Board. No action is taken at these meetings.
- Closed sessions, usually a sub-set of a regular meeting. these meetings are not open to the public as they often deal with private information regarding a particular student or staff member.
- Cooperative meetings are held quarterly with two members from each our member districts. This board discusses cooperative programs and votes to make recommendations to each Board of Education.
A Committee Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 13, 2021, at 5:30 PM in the Brethren Schools Cafetorium.